Accelerate Finance and Legal Recruitment
What is a cookie?
A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. This allows the website to ‘remember’ your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies but users can set their browsers to decline them. Users can delete cookies whenever they like.
How cookies are used on our website
This site may use 2 different types of cookie,
- Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are not stored on your computer or mobile device. They are used as part of the registration process for financial security purposes. A session cookie is also used to remember your language preference when viewing the site. These session cookies are erased when you close your browser, or after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Persistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site. This site only places cookies that are specific to this site.
Our website has introduced Google Analytics in order to assist us with ongoing maintain review, assessment and redevelopment of our website. The most common Google Analytics Cookies are:
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||12 months from last visit||Used to distinguish visitors to site|
|_gat||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate|
|Used to throttle request rate|
|_ _utma||12 months from last visit||Used to distinguish visitors and pages visited. Records a unique ID, the date and time of first visit, time of current visit and total number of visits made|
|_ _utmb||30 minutes from last visit||Used to determine new sessions or visits. Stores the number of page views in current visit and start time of visit|
|_ _ utmc||Session cookie||Used to note that the visit has ended when browser is closed|
|_ _utmz||6 months||Records the site you may have linked to our page from. Only records data if you clicked on a link to our site from a different website|
Data that may be logged
As stated above, some technical details in connection with visits to this website may be logged by our internet service provider for statistical purposes. Such technical details are confined to the following list:
- The IP address of a visitor’s web server
- The top-level domain name used (e.g. .com, .org, etc.)
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used.
- Google analytics that show the traffic of visitors around this website (e.g. pages accessed or documents downloaded).
- The type of web browser and operating system used by the visitor to the website.
The Company uses the above technical data and or cookies to:
- Recognise when a website user moves between pages of the company’s website. This can be used to speed up access to the website as visitors may not have to log every time they use the website (if applicable).
- Carry our research and statistical analysis to help improve website content and to help the company to better understand visitor requirements and interests.
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns by more effectively by providing interest-based content on the website.
- Make the website user’s online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
The company does not collect individual identifiable data unless a website user volunteers to provide such personal data.
Your browser allows you the option of choosing whether you wish to accept cookies or not.
Different browsers make different controls available to you, below are links to the most popular manufacturers’ instructions on how to accept or reject cookies. Generally, your browser will allow you the option to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all material times or those cookies relating to specific websites or third party cookies. For informational purposes, the following list of links to the most commonly used browsers are provided without any warranty or representation as to the truthfulness, veracity or relevance of contents therein:
Some cookies that have been set on our website may not be related to the company. As such, the company has no control over the use of any content embedded in a company webpage that is provided by a third party, e.g. a Facebook like button, LinkedIn widget, YouTube video, Google+ button, etc.
By interacting with content embedded in the company website that is provided by a third party (e.g. Facebook, Linked Inn, YouTube, etc.) you acknowledge that the company has no control of any privacy or cookie practices or procedures, or lack thereof, of any relevant third parties. The company does not control the use of any cookies by any relevant third party and cannot access them. Such cookies can only be accessed by the parties who originally set them.